INCUS is a receiver tube solar spectrophotometer that allows the measuring of the receiver tube optical properties in the solar field of a parabolic trough CSP plant. Specifically, it allows you to measure outer tube transmittance and inner tube absorbance by applying the ISO9050 and ASTM-G173 standards. INCUS design is ergonomic and robust: with a handle on its upper side allowing to be used on any position; and with a mechanical and electronical configuration to minimize damages. It takes more than 400 measurements with a single battery charge and gives you GPS localization data store.
INCUS helps O&M activities such as the control of the decrease of the soiling ratio to determine the cleaning cycles.
- 14 wavelengths measurement, including infrared and visible range (365-1950 nm)
- Solar distribution standard used (ISO 9050, ASTM)
- Specular light detection only, no ambient light influence.
- High accuracy levels (1% Transmittance & 0.3% Reflectance)
- Fast measurement (<1 min)
INCUS™ is based on technology owned by ABENGOA Solar New Technologies and protected under patents, licensed in an exclusive basis to Aragon Photonics Labs.
Portable solar reflectometer for fast measurement of heliostat solar reflectivity in CSP plants.
Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) plants are complex systems relying on the individual performance of multiple optical elements.